Birds, Bees and Butterflies | 2-4 p.m. (Jonesboro)
Oct. 22, 2017 at 2 p.m.
Presented by Tom Krohn- Audobon Society of North Central Arkansas, Master Naturalist, Coordinator/Trainer AR Frogwatch, AR Environmental Eudcation Association.
Birds need caterpillars to feed their young:
- Native plants serve as the best hosts for caterpillars and support native bee populatins.
- An imported Gingko tree supports only five species of butterfiles while a native oak tree is a host for over 500 species.
- Create a nature wonderland in your yard with native plants.
- Qualify for Arkansas Audubon's Bird Friendly Yard Program.
Attract Monarchs to your yard.
- Monarch migration is at risk.
- 90% population declihne recently.
- Plant the correct host plants to help save them.
Free milkweed seeds! Register for door prizes. Light Refreshmentsn
For more informationm, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 870-236-3410.